New York Red Bulls 3, Minnesota United 0 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
The New York Red Bulls found redemption after last week's loss, defeating Minnesota United 3-0 at Red Bull Arena. Red Bulls were slow to start, but found a spark in the 15th minute when Alex Muyl curled a ball in behind Minnesota goalkeeper Matt Lampson.
Just before halftime, forward Bradley Wright Phillips did what only Bradley Wright-Phillips can do with a no-look volley into the goal. Starting five yards outside the 18-yard box with a free kick from Sean Davis and headed on by Tim Parker, Wright-Phillips finished the shot with his back to the goal.
BWP added an insurance goal with a golazo in the 78th minute assisted by Muyl.
- 15' – RBNY – Alex Muyl | Watch
- 42' – RBNY – Bradley Wright Phillips | Watch
- 78' – RBNY – Bradley Wright Phillips | Watch
- THE BIG PICTURE: Red Bulls' performance against Minnesota showed resilience in New York and a real fight to remain atop the Eastern Conference alongside Columbus Crew SC and New York City FC
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: In the first half, the moment was BWP's no-look volley into the net on a full-team effort, but BWP outdid himself with his second-half golazo.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: This has to go to BWP with two acrobatic goals for Red Bulls.